We are BUJUMA Retail Ventres (and we refer to ourselves as "BUJUMA", "we" or "us" or "our" in this document).
B. The Information We Collect
Information we collect from you directly
When you register, we will collect the following information: your name, email address, password and IP address. We may also collect information from you when you make a purchase; fill out an online form through the Site; complete a survey for us; participate in a contest or other promotion sponsored by us or on our behalf; contact us; or otherwise use the Site or the Services, or provide information to us on or through the Site. We may also ask you to provide other details such as your age, gender, phone number or where you heard about us.
We will also ask you to provide information as you use the Site so that we can provide certain aspects of the Services. For example:
· If you place an order with one of the Retailers, we will ask you for your login details for that Retailer, your shipping and billing address, credit card information, and other information that the Retailer may require in order to process and fulfill your order. You will have the option to allow the Site to save your credit card information in order to facilitate future purchases.
· If you participate in our Cashback Program, we will collect and retain your PayPal or bank account information so we can pay you and we may use your Retailer login details to confirm completion of your order before paying Cashback earned.
The personal information that you provide must be true, accurate and complete, and all registration and account details (where applicable) must contain your real name, address and other requested information. You are responsible for keeping your information current and accurate. We may combine information we collect from and about you online with information we collect from and about you through other means. We may also combine your information with information we learn about you from other sources, such as account update notifications.
Information we collect from your activity on the Site
As you use the Site and personalize your account, we collect information about your activities. This includes things like:
· Information on what you buy and how you use the Site, such as information on orders you have sent on to a Retailer, items you have purchased, your favorites, your sorting preferences, your product swaps, cart 'splits' and store 'switches', your selection of Savvy Buys and Top Offers, and other details about your orders or browsing habits.
· Information about your use of various Site services, such as your use of the Rating and Reviews Service or the Price Alert and Savvy Cart features, your Mini-Store registrations or the Cashback amounts you have received from our Cashback Program.
· Your communications with BUJUMA and your use of the LivePerson Support service.
· Other information related to your activity, such as which website referred you to us.
Information we collect from other sources
We may receive information about you from third party sources, such as data aggregators, third party service providers and other partners and from third parties to whom you have given permission to share your information. For instance, by registering for the Site using Facebook or another social media network, you grant permission to that network to share your details.
We also collect certain kinds of non-identifying Site usage information, such as the number of hits and visits to our Site. This information is used by us for internal purposes to improve our Site and the Services and may also be provided to others for support, marketing, research or other business purposes. We may also collect information about the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; connection information such as browser type and version, operating system and platform; other software and hardware information; and information about your browsing behavior, such as the date/time you visit the Site, the Site pages that you visit, the time you spend visiting the Site or viewing a page, the number of times you return to the Site, and other click-stream information. We also may use third party website analytics tools (such as Omniture or Google) that collect information about visitor traffic on our Site and any mobile applications. We treat all information of the type referenced in this paragraph as non-personal, unless required by applicable law to do otherwise.
Retention of Information
Please note that when you delete your account information or terminate your use of the Services, we may retain your information, including your personally identifiable information, for a reasonable period of time afterward for the purpose of recordkeeping, account management, and fraud prevention activities.
C. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to provide the Services, to customize and improve your mySupermarket experience, to make your experience as enjoyable and efficient as possible, and for other commercial purposes.
Use of Personal Information to Provide the Services
Certain personal information is required in order for the Services, or certain features of the Services, to operate.
Here are some specific examples of personal information used to provide the Services.
· Your email address and password allows us to recognize you when you return so that we can provide you with a faster service and a personal user account.
· Your zip code allows us to identify which Retailers deliver to your area and what products are available at those Retailers. Products of particular Retailers do sometimes vary by locality.
· We use your IP address to prevent spam, fraud or abuse of the Site.
· We use your login data, address and credit card information to facilitate your placing an order with one of the Retailers. We may also use your login data to confirm completion of orders placed, including collecting information about your purchase from the third-party Retailer website, such as the items you ultimately received, the order total and shipping date.
· We use your email address and other contact information to provide customer support.
Use of Information to Customize and Improve Your WWW.BUJUMA.COM Experience
We want your shopping experience on mySupermarket.com to be as enjoyable as possible. We will collect information about your shopping activities and preferences to customize your account (in addition to how you customize it yourself) and to enable us to provide an efficient and user-friendly service. We will also use it to improve the quality of the Site.
Here are some specific examples of how we use your information:
· We keep details of items you have added to favorites and details of previous Carts you have ordered in your favorites list. This will allow you to shop more efficiently on future visits.
· We keep a record of the contents of your Carts between shopping sessions. This allows you to continue shopping in sessions that you may have stopped midway, with no need to add again all the items that you already placed in your Cart.
· We keep a record of your preferences, such as sorting order of items and the last shelf you bought from, so you don't need to reset these preferences every time you start shopping.
· We keep a record of your shipping and billing address details to make it faster for you to place orders in the future.
· Paying attention to how you use the Site helps us to develop improvements to the Site and the Services.
· If you have been referred to us by a third party website, we may keep a record of the website that referred you so that we may work out which websites refer more or fewer users to our Site. We may also have referral arrangements with certain third party websites and referrers and we may use this information to fulfill obligations that we may have to these third party websites or referrers.
· We collect and track aggregate information about shopping habits, products and service preferences, selections which users have made, and the like. We use this information for the general improvement of the Services, but also for the purpose of business research. You can see more about aggregate information below.
Use of Information for Commercial Purposes
BUJUMA Retail Venture does not charge users for use of the Site. We earn revenue (which allows us to keep the Site online and totally free to our users) through advertising sales, including online behavioral advertising, and through the sale of business intelligence information.
Here is how your information is used for this:
· We use information about your activity on our Site in order to present you with targeted advertising-that is, product information, offers and promotions that we think may be interesting to you and that you might like. Without targeting, you will still see advertisements; they are just less likely to be relevant to your specific interests.
· We share information with certain carefully selected third party partners so that they can present you with advertisements and promotional offers that are relevant to you and your interests on other websites based on your activity on BUJUMA.com or, alternatively, to present you with advertisements on BUJUMA.com based on your activity on other websites.
· We collect and may display or use for the purposes of marketing and advertising the Site, Services or ourselves, any testimonials you provide us about the Site, the Services or ourselves - and we may append to the testimonial your first name (but not your surname) and general geographic location (e.g. city and state).
Use of Your Email Address
We use your email address to communicate with you. Some of these are service emails and are so we can communicate with you about Site updates or your activity on the Site. For instance, we may send you service emails:
- after registration for the Services or the Cashback Program, notifying you of your registration details;
- after Checkout, giving you details about your orders and including regarding applicable Cashback Amounts;
- to send you information which you have asked for; and
- to contact you about the status of ratings or reviews you have submitted using our Rating and Review Service or other services.
In addition, from time to time we may email you marketing emails with Site news and updates or details of sales offers or promotions. These may be marketing for the Site itself or on behalf of third parties. We may also contact you for market research purposes, either for commercial purposes or so we can get feedback about the Site.
Your acceptance of the Site Terms and Conditions means that you are giving us consent to send you these emails directly or by a third party on our behalf. However, you can easily opt out of receiving marketing emails by clicking "unsubscribe" in the relevant email or by updating your email preferences in the My Account section of the Site at any time. Even if you opt out, we will still send you service emails about the Site itself, your account and your activities on the Site.
Aggregate information is information we collect about a group or category of products, services or users, from which individual user identities have been removed and from which it is not possible to determine individual customer identities. In other words, information about how you use a service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but all such information will be anonymized and no identifying information will be included in the resulting information.
Aggregate information helps us to understand trends and customer needs so that new products and services can be considered and so that existing products and services can be tailored to customer desires. We use and disclose anonymized aggregate information to provide other products and services, as well for the purposes of evaluating and improving our existing products and services. We also sell such aggregate information, both via our business insights website and through other channels.
D. Security Measures